Thursday 23 December 2010

Rajasthan Withdraws Demand for Lifting Asbestos Ban

Rajasthan government has withdrawn its insistent demand from the Union Ministry of Mines for lifting the ban on asbestos mining. 

In India alone more than 30 mines are operational in Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan. About 2500 tonnes of chrysotile (Serpentine) and 36,500 tonnes of tremolite (Amphibole) asbestos are annually mined in India. Asbestos production at present is about 2000 tonnes per month from their own mines in Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan and Bihar. In addition, India imports asbestos worth Rs 40 – 50 crores annually, without mentioning any remarks of hazardous product (Govt. of India., 1997,1999). The tremolite asbestos variety of amphibole group mined accounts 58% in Rajasthan. Tremolite and Anthophyllite are the largest amphibole deposits in Rajasthan known so far (Mansinghka and Ranawat, 1996).


In India asbestos mining and milling is concentrated to the mainly small-scale sector. Asbestos deposits in Rajasthan are primarily located in Beawar, Deogarh and Jharol ultramafic belts (Mansighka and Ranawat; 1996).

Rajasthan state had consistently raised this issue with the Union Ministry Mines till November, 2009 but its "Compendium of issues Pending with Government of India" dated February 2010 does not mention it.

Ban Asbestos Network of India (BANI) had written to the Chief Minister, Rajasthan and has been pursuing the demand for complete ban since 2002. It briefed senior leaders like Maharaja Gaj Singh, former Speaker of Rajasthan Assebly. Now the state is not interested in re-opening of asbestos mines although Rajasthan has the largest deposits and produces most low grade asbestos in the country.

There is technical ban on renewal and grant of fresh asbestos mining leases in the country due to the adverse effects on the health of those working in such mines. Asbestos fibres get embedded in lungs ultimately causing lung cancer and other incurable diseases.

BANI has been critical of the dubious role of some officials of Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) who prepared a report at the behest of the asbestos mining lobby to allow lifting of ban on asbestos mining disregarding workers' plight.

3 comments:

  1. Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERYBODY READ THIS TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A LEGIT AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY My name is Kjerstin Lis, I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts, everyone I met scammed and took my money until I finally met Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee He was able to give me a loan of R 450,000.00.He also helped some other colleagues of mine. i am talking as the happiest person in the whole wide world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wide world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need a loan to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 3 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i meant the GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender, Mr, Benjamin, he was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan, i invited him over to my family get-together party which he did not decline and i will advise any one who is in genuine need of a loan to contact Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee via email at (lfdsloans@outlook.com ) because he is the most understanding and kind hearten lender I have ever met with a caring heart. He doesn't know that i am doing this by spreading his goodwill towards me but I feel I should share this with you all to free yourself from scammers, please beware of impersonators and contact the right loan company Email us via: lfdsloans@outlook.com   or whatsapp +1-989-394-3740.  .  

    ReplyDelete
  3. here my secound topixs of testifying DR AKHIGBE,my name remain LAURIE HUGHES . I will never stop testifying DR AKHIGBE , Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR AKHIGBE did it for me I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I saw a testimony on how DR AKHIGBE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and i did, behold I was free from the deadly disease,till now no HIVin me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now,all the testimony of DR AKHIGBE is true please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or you can whatsApp his mobile number on +2348142454860 He can also cure this diseases like HIVand AIDS,DIABETICES,HEPATITIS B ABC,FLU,CANCER,GONORRHEA,LASSA FEVER,GONORRHEA,MENOPAUSE DISEASE, DISEASE SKIN , LOW COUNT SPERM .ETC .piease email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com...or whatAPPhim ..+2348142454860 he is a real good and honest man.  

    ReplyDelete